Emily Larsen was born and raised in Austin, Texas. She was introduced to Ballet at age three and continued adding on various dance genres over the years such as Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-Hop, and Musical Theatre. Emily received a Bachelor of Arts in Dance from the University of Texas at Austin.
She had always wanted to learn how to partner dance, and quickly caught the bug after joining a ballroom dance studio in Austin about 5 years ago. She had a competitive partner for 3 years in which they placed first in numerous local and national competitions and placed second at the UCWDC Worlds Competition in January of 2013.
In 2014, Emily joined the Dance Louisville staff and has quickly become a big part of the studio. Emily has a special gift, as she always makes students feel welcome; she is a big part of what makes this studio such a happy, warm environment. We’re lucky to have her!
Awards and Recognition:
- 2016 UCWDC Adult Advanced Classic Line- 3rd place
- 2015 UCWDC Adult Advanced Classic Line -3rd place
- 2014 US Open Swing Team Division – 1st Place
- 2013 UCWDC Worlds Division 1 – 2nd Place Overall
- 2014 UCWDC Worlds Female Pro/Pro – 4th Place Overall
- 2013 Show Me Showdown Advanced Jack & Jill – 1st Place undefined