Women are known for hitting the dance floor quite often, and the ladies who don’t are most likely wishing they could. If you are thinking or have ever thought about signing up for ballroom dance lessons, give in and give it a shot! You will not regret it. Here are just 5 reasons women should take ballroom dance lessons – it’s a game changer!
- Great workout alternative! Unless you are one of those girls who can eat whatever comes in their way and not gain a pound, you will always appreciate any activity that can help you get into shape. Dancing is a great way to do so, the best way in our opinion. When you dance you move your whole body, literally from your head to your toes, and best thing about it is that you won’t even notice it! For real, it is great exercise, but you will be having so much fun that it will be done effortlessly and you’ll keep wanting to do more!
- Releases Stress. As said before, dancing is a fun activity, you might not be the best in the beginning, but from day one you will feel the great energy that dance rooms have. Whether in group class or private lessons, the studios are full of happy people and smiley faces, the kind of place that gives good vibes, and helps you forget the rest of your day.
- Improve your confidence. Ballroom dance lessons are, at the end of the day, lessons; meaning that every day you will learn something new. Every class there will be several people including yourself, that won’t know how to perform a dance move, or that do not coordinate with some rhythm, at first. By the end of the lessons you will learn something, and you will show it in front of other people who also learned the same. That public learning process will fill your confidence, every day you will leave the room knowing that you’re capable of overcoming and achieving.
- Widen your social network. You will meet new people, you will live new experiences, but more importantly…you will make new friends. No matter if you are the social butterfly, or the person that sits on the couch waiting for someone to talk to – you will always bond with some special people in a very special environment.
- You get to dress up! Ok, so everyone want to feel pretty, right? Dressing up is exactly that – a good way to feel pretty, you will finally have a perfect excuse to wear or even buy that cute dress and those gorgeous matching shoes with ballroom dance lessons! In fact, you could even get your hair done for special days too. Nothing like a little pampering to go along with your ballroom dancing! Dance lessons are those magical times during the week when you can also devote the much needed ‘me time’ we all need from time to time.
There are many other reasons that women should take ballroom dance lessons, but these are just a few of the highlights! There is something special about the ballroom dance studio, and until you have walked in and experienced it for yourself, you don’t know what you’re missing. Here are our 5 reasons women should take ballroom dance lessons! Happy Dancing!