Fun Facts About Our History At Dance Louisville
Some quick facts about our studio. We began construction on the inside in 2005 and opened the doors later that year. That was the date of the official first private lesson on the new dance floor.
The studio was born out of a desire for us to bring Louisville a relaxed fun environment for people to enjoy dancing. Dance Louisville still offers full competitive programs in all styles of partner dancing but the initial focus is on helping students find their passion. Our lessons, group classes and dances are all focused on the fun part. We offer showcases and studio trips so that as people grow with their dancing, so do the opportunities.
Over the years we have slightly changed our focus from the more traditional ballroom classes to a more modern mix of salsa, swing and ballroom. We have worked within the city to add classes that were not offered in other places and fit needs that other studio are not able to fill. We have tried to not compete with other dance venues in town but rather to add things to the community that were not previously there. Each year we take inventory of the dance classes, and pay attention to other studios in Louisville to make sure we are an asset to the city as a whole!
Also our teachers and students travel the US and abroad to continue their training in all the styles of dancing to keep us on the cutting edge.
We have several students that have been with us the entire 10+ years we have been open! Thats loyalty. Although we are one of the most relaxed studios in town and are students are free to dance wherever they like, many of them simply prefer our way of doing business and call our studio home.
Did You Know?
- Doors opened in January 2006.
- Over 100 people attended our grand opening.
- Have had 100 people dancing in the studio over 10 times.
- Our showcases used to be held in-studio.
- Our monthly WCS dances used to be held on Sundays.
- Our walls used to be orange!
- Painters made a mistake and our walls were pink originally!
- Have had a country artist perform here.
- Used to have a live salsa band every month.
- The first song played on the speakers was “Ability to Swing”.
- Episode of the reality show “Southern Belles” filmed here.
- Cheryl Burke from DWTS has practiced here
- The studio location was first spotted when our owner was having his oil changed across the street.